Friday, June 19, 2009

A little sympathy?

Yesterday L was sick. Fever, throwing up all that so at bed time I was said "Let's read stories in L's room!" Well J would have nothing to do with it. She did not care that her sister was sick. She wanted us to read in her room. So I told her that I was going to read L a story and I would be back to read to her.

That didn't go over very well.

So I went in L's room and cuddled with her, she didn't want a story so I just prayed and gave her a kiss goodnight.

Meanwhile, J had thrown a book in L's room and had wrapped herself in a blanket, laying face down on the bed crying. Lord have mercy! The best part is she says to me, "You love L more than you love me!"

I took one look at her pitiful face and just felt compassion because she really felt that because I didn't give in to her that must mean that I love L more. Oh my dear girl.

I picked her up and gave her a big hug and said, "That is a lie J. I love you both and God made my heart big enough so that I could love you both." Remarkably that seemed to make things better and I proceeded with bedtime.

As I reflect on this story, at first i just laughed because I was like can J ever show sympathy for someone else? She is a little self-absorbed! :) But then I thought, "Wow! The lies that she believes and she is only 4!" I wish I could read their thoughts so I could destroy any lies that they think of in their little minds. Even though I cannot read minds, I can talk to my Heavenly Father and ask him to speak truth into their lives, thoughts and heart. To let them know in their deepest part that they are loved, beautiful and uniquely created. That He made them to do great works! (Ephesians 2:10"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.")

So join me in praying for the people in our lives that believe the lies that God will reveal His truth to them!

AC

1 comment:

  1. Bless her little heart! I hope both girls are feeling better.

    On a related note, one day my daughter told me to stop giving my husband a hug, because I might run out of love, and then I wouldn't have any left to give her! I told her that I could never run out of love, because God would fill me up. And she said, "but then you'll take all God's love, and God won't have any left!" I told her God will never run out. I don't know if she believed me. And I wonder, how often do I doubt that as well?

    It is so true that the lies start when we are little girls, and even when we're grown up and know better, we sometimes still believe them.

    ReplyDelete