Wednesday, June 17, 2009

But chickens should run free....


Chickens in particular their eggs is what I want to share today. I always went to grocery store and picked up a thing of eggs not really thinking about it in till one day I read a book to my girls.
I got this book for my oldest daughter because it was about a brave little chicken and I thought that would be good for her to read about all the brave things this chicken does. Well, towards the end of this story the chicken gets locked up in a cage and she says "Chickens don't belong in cages! Chickens should roam free!"
Well, I most have been really emotional that day because it was there in that moment that I decided to never buy regular eggs again and to always buy the cage free, gain fed eggs even if they are more expansive all because of a children's book.
Who knew that a children's book could be so convicting for me at least. Now I am a little more careful about what books I am reading to my children.
AC

No comments:

Post a Comment